Parkman Bandstand - Boston Common

Parkman Bandstand - Boston Common

The Parkman Bandstand was named for one of the Common’s greatest benefactors, George Francis Parkman Jr., who died in 1908 and left $5 million for the care of the Common and other city parks. The bandstand was originally dedicated in 1912 and was restored in 1996. It still hosts small events such as midday concerts, theatrical productions, and occasional speeches.

http://boston.about.com/od/walkingtours/ss/bcWalkingTour_3.htm

Advertisements